Soft & fluffy vermicelli noodle rice – called Ruz b Shaariyyeh. A staple Arabic rice dish in the Middle Eastern cuisine. Pairs with anything!
If you have any questions about this recipe, or gave it a try, I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Remember to rate the recipe with ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. This will help us sustain Plant Based Arab.
Snap a photo of your dish, and tag us on Instagram @PlantBasedArab, so we can see and share your remake!
Vermicelli Noodle RiceCourse: Sides, RiceCuisine: Arab, Middle EasternDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup vermicelli noodles
2 cups long grain white rice – or Basmati
4 cups of water
2 tsp salt – adjust to taste
- Rinse the rice thoroughly until water runs clear. Soak in cold water in a bowl for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse again.
- Add oil to a medium pot over high heat. Once hot, stir in the vermicelli noodles for a minute until lightly browned.
- Add the rice and stir to combine with the noodles. Toast for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water and salt. Stir and bring it to a boil. Add the bayleaves. Cover, and turn the heat down to low.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until water is dissolved. Remove from heat. Let it stand for 5 minutes before removing the lid. Remove the bayleaves and fluff with a fork to serve.